Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I can't thank you enough for making me smile today

mood: nostalgic
craving: sitting in a majils with my friends back in uae and enjoying this song with them and dancing and being silly.


Salam Alykom and Hola to all my dolls out there. It's the middle of the week today and for some one the other side of the world, y'all's weekend began. Have a great weekend and take care. I woke up this morning and had some messages. This message was given to me by a very close friend/sister. The message was this Arabic song y'all see here. Her and I both lived in the middle east and shared a lot of the same experiences . She knows how I feel, because both of us have lived with another culture and we are both Latina's too.  So, on to my short entry. A couple more days, everyone and our weekend will start. :) 




When I listened to this and closed my eyes, I felt like I was sitting right there with the very people who made me feel as if I was always special. You Arabs stole my heart, like no other culture has, other than mine. The legacy goes on in my son's veins. He will know just how special part of his culture is, he will know all.  I wish people would get to know just what wonderful people you Arabs are. If they only knew, and took time get to know the culture that everyone loves to hate. They would be so shocked that, that very culture they were scared of has the most amazing people on the face of this earth. There's a reason my heart will never stop loving y'all.


final whisper: I love that every word in this song, touches my heart and I totally understand the beautiful words.

P.S. Thanks, La Pasionaria .. Thanks for bringing back memories both you and I share.

1 comment:

Female Deer said...

Hello..I just want you to know that, you are not alone..i also have that feeling that i almost gone crazy missing so many things about UAE. I felt this entry as if i am the one writing this..how i wish i can write just like yours (:( unfortunately i am not a good writer)

Behind closed doors in the Middle East.

Howdy, ya'll. My first post after returning to the states ages ago was funny to me. If you have any thoughts, let me know. It was certai...