To the person reading this who knows exactly who she is, yes, I’m talking to you. You will recognize every word because these memories belong to us. I don’t need to say your name or explain every detail because you were there. You know the choices that were made, the hurt that was caused, and the friendship that was lost. For years, I believed our friendship was built on trust. I defended you, stood by you, and believed in you. Looking back now, I realize I ignored things I should have paid attention to because I valued our friendship. The lies, the betrayal, the things you shared with my daughter, and the boundaries you crossed changed everything. Looking back, my daughter told me to cut ties with you after you shared things about my past with her. At the time, I struggled to accept what she already saw clearly. In the end, I should thank you, because as painful as that moment was, it brought my daughter and me closer than ever. Our relationship became stronger, and she learned something important: no matter where life takes me, my children will always know they come first. Let me make one thing clear. My children have never been second to anyone. When I moved overseas, my daughter came with me. When we returned from the UAE, my son came with me too. I fought for my children with everything I had because being without them was never an option. A mother knows what her children are worth. I faced every obstacle, every battle, and every fear because my children are my heart. I fought like a lion because that is what a mother does. I would move mountains and stand against anyone to protect mine. I made choices to keep my children close and make sure they always knew they were loved, valued, and never forgotten. The choices we make in life show what we truly prioritize. I know the heartbreak your children felt because they shared their feelings with me. My heart hurts for them, and I truly pray they have healed from the pain they carried. Every child deserves to feel chosen, protected, and loved. I also should have listened to my daughter’s father when he tried to show me things I wasn’t ready to see. Sometimes people outside of a situation can recognize the truth before we are willing to accept it ourselves. One thing I will never forget is that you kept me from attending your mother’s funeral. Even after everything between us, that is something I would never have done to you. Some moments reveal a person’s true character. It took me a while, but I finally let go. I released the hurt, the disappointment, and the weight of a friendship that no longer brought peace into my life. These days my life is peaceful, my circle is smaller, my coffee tastes better, and my blood pressure probably sends me thank-you cards. Turns out removing toxic people is cheaper than therapy. And now that I’ve finally gotten this off my chest, and knowing you read my blog, I can honestly say I feel lighter. I’m choosing peace, happiness, and the people who value honesty, loyalty, and respect. This chapter is closed.
Translate
28 July 2026
To Someone I Once Called Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To Someone I Once Called Family
To the person reading this who knows exactly who she is, yes, I’m talking to you. You will recognize every word because these memories be...
-
mood: Happy happy happy craving: mango ice tea from Caribou with my best friends. It's delish. *drool* S alam Alikom (Peace be wit...
-
mood: : ) craving: some good, good bubble tea.... Salam alykom and hello to everyone. I wanted to share some nice pictures with y'all...
-
mood: :) :) :) craving: <3.................... a lot.... I pray that everyone has a FANTABULOUS weekend. Be safe and take care. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment